Engineer ~ Career Opportunity
MK Magnetics specializes in the production of custom and standard tape wound soft magnetic cores for transformers and inductors. All the cores we sell are manufactured on site in Adelanto, California, in a modern/multi-building facility 75,000 sq. ft. facility specifically designed and built for manufacturing tape wound magnetic cores.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for an engineer with experience in transformer design and manufacturing. This position will train under the guidance of our Technical Director, to augment the engineering needs of the company. It is a position that will require a commitment to the long-term success and growth of MK Magnetics, Inc. The employee must possess a work ethic that has a motivation to learn through hands on training and an inquisitive mind; willing to get a job completed on time, no matter if it is time consuming or complex; a eagerness to perform functions in all phases of manufacturing, application, and testing of product; and an ability to work closely with all co-workers for the benefit of the company and our customers.
Major duties and responsibilities of this position include:
- Assisting customers with their product applications and offer design assistance.
- Review of customer product specifications to determine manufacturability and aid the customer with technical assistance, when needed.
- Comprehend the customer’s requirements and adjust procedures to best fulfill their needs.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of materials and manufacturing processes for parts and assemblies.
- R&D, manufacturing process development, improvement and troubleshooting.
- Equipment modification and improvement, including the design and development of testing fixtures and procedures.
- Travel to customers and trade shows in the US and abroad.
- Additional duties as assigned or required.
Required Education, Experience and Skills:
- A BS in Manufacturing Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Physics.
- 5 or more years of experience in transformer design and manufacturing.
- Ability to conduct analysis and/or investigate parts not meeting specifications and attain resolutions.
- Critical thinking, using logic and reasoning to recognize the strengths or weaknesses of a difficult of problematic set of circumstances.
- Problem solving; able to identify root causes of symptomatic problems.
- Understanding the hazards and complexities of working with high voltage equipment.
- Creating CAD drawings.
- Ability to write test, manufacturing, and process instructions; technical papers; develop process sheets; and communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing, due to the position, in the English language. Ability to communicate in the Spanish language is a plus.
To apply please submit your resume to: HR@mkmagnetics.com.
For further information on MK Magnetics, Inc. please visit our website at: www.mkmagnetics.com.
MK Magnetics is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf